Thursday, 7 February 2013

Black Sabbath & Philosophy

Yo non-existent readers, haven't posted in a while, so I thought I'd share the most random but awesome purchase I have ever made in my university's on campus library bookstore:


That's right, not only was the library bookstore holding a book about one of the best metal bands ever conceived; it was also holding a book about one of the best metal bands ever conceived and drawing a complete parallel to one of the current modules of my course, namely existentialism.

No, seriously, the parallels are uncanny; Here are some of the Chapter Titles:

- Beyond Good and Evil: Facing Your Demons With Black Sabbath and Existentialism

- Masters of a better possible reality: Conquering Evil With Love

- "Is It the End, My Friend?" Black Sabbath's Apocalypse of Horror

...What was it doing there?

No comments:

Post a Comment